Job Location: Nagpur, Maharashtra
This position is the second level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Center and serves as a resource to Technical Support Technicians while also acting as a representative of the IT department to internal customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines.
The IT Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extremely high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. They must possess superior people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment up to and including presentations and explanations of projects to upper-level management. Regular activities include network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of Technical Support Technicians, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem-solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department. A willingness to relocate as career advancement opportunities throughout the company become available is strongly desired.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in IT support.
- Good Understanding of basic computer hardware concepts and terminologies.
- Experience in supporting end-user hardware equipments like Desktop, laptops, Printers and scanners.
- Experience in supporting Windows operating system and Client software like MS Office, VPN etc.
- Good knowledge on networking concepts and basic troubleshooting.
- Basic Linux systems administration skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of IT systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/e-mail with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to travel up to 70%, both with in the city and with in the region.
- Employees would be expected to be flexible with their shift and schedules including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Ability to move IT equipment’s as well as standing and walking during shift
- Experience troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals / Barcode scanners.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers and zebra printers.
- Experience in supporting switches, wi-fi, routers & firewall.
- Inventory management skills.
- Experience in supporting Apple Mac systems, MacOS and Linux systems.
- Network +/ CCNA Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives.
- Willingness to relocate as business needs arise for career advancement opportunities.
Click here to apply and for more details please visit amazon’s official website.